Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. Android OS/Kernel Engineer
. This individual will be part of a team developing disruptive solutions transforming secure mobility for Federal and Commercial customers. Their innovative solution puts the power and speed of the cloud on any mobile device to enable users access to critical data and apps through a separate, secure virtual workspace. From commercial IP to national security level intel, Their technology protects data from every type of threat with zero data at rest. Our client offers excellent compensation, top benefits and a challenging yet rewarding work environment.
As a valued member of the technical staff, you will collaborate in our full agile software development process, including troubleshooting, design, coding, and testing bug fixes and new functionality. You will work on a small team to solve large problems that require serious initiative, critical thinking, eager collaboration, informed risk-taking, and clear communication.
- Participate in the complete software development process, including troubleshooting, designing, and coding.
- Maintain and communicate status in Jira and in daily standups.
- Reconcile product requirements with an understanding of Android internals.
- Port the Hypori Android Virtual Device to newer versions of the AOSP platform.
- Enhance the Hypori Android Virtual Device to take advantage of new capabilities.
- Add new features to the Hypori Android Virtual Device as per customer requirements.
- Creation of unit test.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years developing software.
- Fluency in Java, C, C++.
- 5+ years in a Linux environment, including some kernel development.
- Understanding of the QEMU hypervisor.
- Strong understanding of git version control.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to take ambiguous requirements and develop a solid test solution.
- Enjoy working in a fast growing, startup environment.
The KnowIt Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.